The process of protecting sensitive information from damage, loss, or corruption.
- Backup / Recovery
- Long Term Retention / Archive
- Data Identity - Type - Active - Flat or Stagnant
- Data Migration
- Data & Storage
- Data Encryption
- Data Eraser
- Data Masking
- Data Resiliency
Data Security Strategies
- Physical security of servers and user devices
- Access management and controls
- Application security and patching
- Employee education
- Network and endpoint security monitoring and controls
Protecting Your Data
Data protection, the process of safeguarding important information from corruption, compromise or loss.
The importance of data protection increases as the amount of data created and stored continues to grow at unprecedented rates.
A large part of a data protection strategy is ensuring that data can be restored quickly after any corruption or loss. Protecting data from compromise and ensuring data privacy are other key components of data protection.